Tips For Youthful Eyes
Want to take a few years (or a long week) off your face? Or perhaps feel confident about going makeup free? It’s simple, take care of your eyes!
There are countless eye creams and products on the market to help you with this, and if that is your cup of tea we can help you discover the best product for you. We offer to Rhonda Allison products, but are happy to evaluate another brand for you as well.
If you’d like to venture into some natural products, easily assembled at home, here are some starter tips for you:
Makeup Remover: Castor oil is excellent for removing eye makeup, and combined two other natural oils it will help remove makeup while conditioning your skin and eyelashes. Even the most stubborn mascara glides off effortlessly with this light oil mixture. Remember, never pull or drag the skin around the eyes when applying or removing makeup.
• 1 tablespoon canola oil
• 1 tablespoon castor oil
• 1 tablespoon light olive oil
1. Mix oils together and pour into a clean container.
2. Pour a small amount of oil onto a clean cotton pad and gently wipe over your upper and lower eyelashes and eyelids.
Puffy, Tired Eyes: You can use two cool tea bags or cucumber slices to soothe puffy eyes. Easy to do when you are travelling as well; find tea bags in the coffee bar in your hotel room, and check the hotel restaurant for cucumber slices.
Another option, with a little more prep time, is this light gel. It’s perfect for soothing and moisturizing tired eyes. Use it in the morning under makeup or at the end of the day for an eye refresher before you head out on the town.
• 1 tablespoon aloe vera gel
• 1 teaspoon fresh cucumber juice, strained
• ¼ teaspoon cornstarch
• 1 tablespoon witch hazel
1. Mix aloe, cucumber juice and cornstarch. Heat gently until mixed: about 1 minute on high in the microwave. You can use the stove top as well, but make sure not to boil the mixture.
2. Remove from heat and mix in witch hazel. Stir well and allow to cool completely.
3. You should have a clear, jellylike cream. Spoon into a small, clean jar. Dab a small amount into the skin under your eyes, being careful not to rub or pull the delicate skin.
Easy Multipurpose Moisturizer and Travel Fix: A small bottle of sweet almond oil with a few drops of vitamin E oil added can treat and moisturize the under-eye area during travel and at night.
At Privy Skin Care we want you to look and feel your best, makeup or no makeup. Call today for a consultation or book your appointment online today.